Oct 04, 2021
If for any reason the speed on TweakNews (Usenet) suddenly slows down, it might be resolved by taking a number of simple steps:
- Set the maximum number of threads permitted depending on your subscription.
- If the connection goes by port 119, try port 563.
- Turn off all firewalls or set them up so that they do not filter or block Usenet traffic.
- Try a different news client. Grabit, for example, can run more slowly than NewsLeecher from time to time.
- If none of these things helps, contact your Internet provider and ask whether Usenet traffic is restricted on port 119 and 563. Otherwise try port 443.